CARLISLE THEATRE 2017 AMATEUR FILM FESTIVAL:
CALLING ALL AMATEUR & ASPIRING FILMMAKERS
Submissions are NOW being accepted for consideration in The 2017 Carlisle Theatre Amateur Film Festival
Three (3) age groups:
- Middle School
- High School
Three (3) film categories:
— FILMS CANNOT EXCEED 10 MINUTES —
More details and information, including rules and submission information, can be found below
Submissions due by January 27, 2017 | Selected entries will be shown during the Film Festival on February 25, 2017
CARLISLE THEATRE 2017 AMATEUR FILM FESTIVAL | FILM SUBMISSION TIPS
Films should be submitted electronically by way of email via FTP/download link (e.g., Dropbox, Vimeo) to the following email address: email@example.com.
Instructions on how to share a link to download a video file via Dropbox can be found via the following link:
Instructions on how to share a link to download a video file via Vimeo can be found via the following link:
NOTE: Vimeo users must review their privacy settings and check the box allowing other users to download their video.
Entries can be submitted via any FTP site of the filmmaker’s choice, and the Carlisle Theatre does not mean to imply or suggest that submissions will only be accepted from Dropbox or Vimeo.
CARLISLE THEATRE 2017 AMATEUR FILM FESTIVAL | RULES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS
1. Amateur: An amateur film or video is one made with no intended profit motive, but solely for the joy and challenge of making it. To that end, providing any form of compensation to someone for professional, technical, and/or creative assistance is prohibited.
2. Individual Submission: Collaboration is absolutely encouraged, but each submission can only have one credited director and/or creator.
3. Film Duration: Submissions cannot exceed 10 minutes in total duration, including opening and end credits.
4. Age Categories:
A. Middle School: Current middle school students in 6th through 8th grade.
B. High School: Current high school students in 9th through 12th grade, including high school students who are 18 years old.
C. College/Adult: Individuals 18 years or older who are not high school students.
5. Film Categories:
A. Narrative: A fictional short film.
B. Documentary: A non-fiction short film.
C. Animation: Computer-generated graphics, stop motion effects, hand drawn animation, etc.
6. Family Friendly: Be mindful of the fact that children will likely be in attendance at the film festival. To that end, please ensure that your submission does not include profanity, graphic violence, and/or nudity. In other words… let’s keep it PG, people.
7. Music: The use of original music or royalty-free music is strongly recommended. Otherwise, please ensure that you have all necessary releases on file.
8. Film Submission: Films should be submitted electronically by way of email via FTP/download link (e.g., Dropbox, Vimeo) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Instructions on how to submit films via FTP/download link can be found at http://carlisletheatre.org/filmfestival. If sending a digital copy of your film in this manner is impossible, we can accept the following non-returnable items: two (2) DVD screeners and one (1) data DVD in an .mp4 format.
9. Submission Form: A completed Submission Form must accompany each film in order to be considered. Entrants are limited to one (1) submission per film category (i.e. the same filmmaker may submit a narrative film, a documentary, and an animation film). Please complete a separate Submission Form for each film.
10. Synopsis/Descriptive Summary: Attached to each Submission Form, please include a brief (250 words or less) synopsis/descriptive summary for your film, which can be used/reprinted in a program.
11. Entry Fee: $10.00 per submission. A check or money order, made payable to “Carlisle Theatre,” must be included with each Submission Form. Entry fees are non-refundable.
12. Deadline: Film(s) and corresponding Submission Form(s) must be received by Friday, January 27, 2017.
13. Judging/Criteria: A selection committee shall determine which films will be shown and/or awarded during the film festival. Filmmakers whose films have been selected to be shown at the festival will be notified accordingly. All decisions made by the selection committee are final and subject to its sole discretion.
14. Awards: Non-cash recognition will be provided to the filmmakers whose films are shown during the film festival.
15. Film Festival: The 2017 Amateur Film Festival is tentatively scheduled to be held during the afternoon of Saturday, February 25, 2016.
16. Reservation of Rights: The Carlisle Theatre reserves the exclusive right to define and interpret these Rules, Terms, and Conditions, and further reserves the right to decide all questions not specifically provided for herein.